Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Trick or Treat

I managed to get both kids into costumes for Halloween. Noah had decided to be Thomas the Tank quite a while ago, which was good because the cutting, painting gluing, taping, and retaping of the whole costume took about a week. Thankfully, I finished Liza's in one nap time.

We took the kids to Grant to go trick or treating on Main Street and to some old friends. It took Noah a few minutes to figure out what was going on, but by the third round, he had it down pretty well. His Thomas costume got heavy after several blocks. I think we'll do fabric costumes next year.

Eliza the Ballerina


Noah as Thomas the Tank Engine. Noah even helped me make this costume. He also helped pull off just about every piece that was glued or taped on at least once.
Side view.
Ready for trick or treating!

5 comments:

Jess said...

Maybe brads next time?

Malinda Jane Sieg said...

Such a cool Thomas costume! Don't let me boys find out that kids actually have a say in what they wear for Halloween!

farmerette said...

What a great Thomas costume! Glad you had a fun night.

Jenni S. said...

@Jess - I hadn't even thought of brads. Good idea!
@Malinda - If I made costumes as beautiful and intricate as yours, I don't think I'd let them have a say :-)

Jess said...

I forgot to mention that Eliza totally inherited your hair. Some fond memories associated with that verticle ponytail look.