Thursday, November 3, 2011

Funny Things My Children Say and Do

I have an entire journal devoted to funny things my children say and do. I got the idea from my cousin Michelle, and I'm very glad she gave it to me. Although my children are still small and the journal is largely unfilled, I thought I would share some recent gems. Because kids are hilarious.

*After his first day at preschool, I asked him what he learned. His reply: "EVERYTHING!" Guess we can skip high school and college.
*Liza won't take a pacifier, except as a chew toy. However, she religiously sucks herself to sleep with her blanket every night.
*My favorite quote from Noah: "People are kinda gross."
*I have had a thing for the movie Tangled lately. Apparently Noah does too because in the living room today, he stacked a few couch cushions together, climbed to the top and, with arms spread wide, shouted/sang "I gotta dweeeeem!!!"
*A few months ago Aaron, Noah and I were sitting around talking on the bed. Noah mentioned something about his "other daddy." I told him that Aaron was his only daddy. Aaron pried a little further and asked who the other daddy was. Noah said, "Stucki." Now wanting to pry even further, Aaron asked where Stucki lived. "In a dirty house." Apparently Mom gets around with a slob named Stucki. It has since become our favorite family joke.

2 comments:

farmerette said...

Too Cute! I too have kept a record of their cute sayings and as they get older they love to look back and see what they said. Kiana was a blanket sucker too and my only suggestion is make sure you don't try to break her of it until summer when the nights are hot. We took away the blanket, she sucked her quilt, took that, she sucked her pillowcase, took that she sucked the edge of her pillow, took that, she sucked her pj's, took those, she pulled her bottom sheet off and sucked that. Eventually, she spent two weeks sleeping in a diaper on her bare mattress. Problem solved. Except now she chews her nails!

Gary and Natalie Pratt said...

Best Post Ever! So funny!!